Quick and easy Jamaican jerk chicken wings
Deborah Graham, Online Editor/Opinion Editor
February 22, 2012
Filed under Lifestyle
- 1/2 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 18 fresh chicken wingettes (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- (add a little salt to taste, but the jerk seasoning is really all you need)- I use the Lawry’s brand
- Place jerk seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and ginger; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Brush with sauce. Grill or broil, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: 6 servings
- This is the shortened version. You can add more sugar if the sauce is too spice