Tempest wins California College Media Association awards

March 9, 2012

The Tempest has placed in four categories in the California College Media Association’s annual college journalism competition.

• Best Breaking News Story to Deborah Graham, Tempest opinion editor and online editor

• Best Personal Opinion Column to Nick Sestanovich, Tempest Arts & Entertainment editor

• Best Arts & Entertainment Story to Nick Sestanovich

• Best Cartoon to Tempest cartoonist Phillip Temple

Nick Sestanovich

The actual places awarded will be announced at the CCMA Excellence in Student Media banquet on April 21 at Cal State Fullerton.

A record number of colleges, 37, participated in the annual contest, which includes entries published in 2011.

The California College Media Association supports college news media in California with the intent to foster cooperation among colleges in the region in order to give a unified voice in addressing problems and issues that college news media face, to provide support and communications to advisers and editors, to nurture college journalists, and to share resources.

Earlier this week the Society of Professional Journalists announced the Tempest has placed in the ‘Best All-Around Non-Daily Student Newspaper-2 Year/Community College’ category of their Mark of Excellence student newspaper contest.

Deborah Graham

Comments

Comments

In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this newspaper's comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the commenter. Failure to adhere to these guidelines result in removal and blocked access.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*