The student voice of Solano Community College

The Tempest

Solano to mark World AIDS day

From left, Solano Valley Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta's Vanita Finney and Sara Chapman, also Solano Community College governing board trustee, pose in from of the AIDS memorial quilt displayed during the World AIDS Day commemoration held in the student center lobby on the main campus, Monday, Dec. 1, 2014, in Fairfield. Free condoms and free oral HIV tests were available to students and community members. (Steve Reczkowski/Tempest file photo 2014)

Steve Reczkowski

Steve Reczkowski

Solano Community College is recognizing World AIDS Day Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 10 a.m.to noon in the lobby of bldg. 1400 on the main campus. This year’s theme is “Getting to Zero: AIDS Related Deaths.” The commemoration of World AIDS Day and the battle fought to prevent and treat the AIDS epidemic worldwide is open to the public. The Solano County AIDS Memorial Quilt will be on display. There will also be a health education table with pamphlets, free condoms, and free confidential rapid HIV testing. An HIV test van will be parked outside the 1400 Building. There will also be a showing of the movie “Life Support” featuring Queen Latifah.

Comments