The student voice of Solano Community College

The Tempest

Solano College announces new Superintendent/President

Celia Esposito-Noy

Celia Esposito-Noy

Zuriel Sanders, Staff writer

The Solano Community College board of trustees announced today at a special meeting that they have chosen Celia Esposito-Noy as the college’s new Superintendent/President.

“Dr. Noy will serve us well,” said trustee Sarah Chapman. “Her wealth of experience [and] sense of community will be a great strength.”

Celia Esposito-Noy currently serves as the Vice Chancellor for educational services and student success for the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District.

Several members of the board commented that the fact that Esposito-Noy has been a Solano County resident for a long period of time gives her knowledge of the problems Solano College has been facing and how to solve them.

“Her stellar resume and responses to the breadth of questions indeed makes her a perfect fit,” said trustee Pam Keith.

Board members said that Esposito-Noy was the most direct and forthcoming at the candidates’ forum and exactly what Solano needs.

Interim Superintendent/President Stan Arterberry said that the college conducted a “vast, national search,”  and credited Pam Fisher for coordinating the search.

Prior to working at Chabot-Las Positas Community College District, Celia served for ten years as vice president for student services and enrollment management at Cosumnes River College in Sacramento.

According to her bio on the SCC website, much of her work has focused on developing strategies and interventions for successfully serving students enrolled in basic skills classes, students suffering from trauma, and those with mental health challenges.

The governing board is expected to approve Esposito-Noy’s total compensation and benefits at their meeting Dec. 2. The compensation includes $240,000 annually, $5,000 entertainment allowance per fiscal year, and an annual $5,000 vehicle allowance.

According to transparentcalifornia.com, last year Celia Esposito-Noy’s total compensation and benefits amounted to $197,632.57 for her position as Vice-President at Los Rios Community College in 2014.

Former Solano Community College Superintendent/President Jowel Laguerre’s total compensation and benefits for 2014 was equivalent to $244,750.

— former SCC student Toni Murray contributed to this report

Comments